|Info-Gap Decision Theory | Voodoo Decision-Making | Robust Decisions | Severe Uncertainty | Satisficing vs Optimizing | Maximin|
Potential honours, MSc and PhD students: Consult my current research activities for possible research projects under my supervision. It may also be useful to have a quick look at my pet projects.
Please note that I am a retiree, meaning that officially I can only co-supervise.
Since I joined the University of Melbourne in 1989 I supervised the following research dissertations:
*Danny Ralph was the (external) Academic Supervisor.
- Dynamic programming algorithms for nonseparable objective functions (Alleli Domingo, MSc, 1992).
- Methodological, theoretical and computational aspects of composite concave programming (Sue Findlay, MSc, 1994).
- A common scheme for dynamic programming and branch and bound (Emmanuel Macalalag, PhD, 1995).
- Sensitivity Analysis for Sequential Decision Processes (Susanne Irvine, PhD, 1997).
- Algorithmic aspects of composite concave programming (Leonid Churilov, PhD, 1998).
- A classification of dynamic programming models (Gavin Cole, PhD, 2002).
- Mathematical programs with complemementarity constraints and game theory models in Electricity markets* (Hu, Xinmin, PhD, 2003)
I also supervised many honours students on the following topics:
- Multiobjective dynamic programming
- Generalized dynamic programming
- Nonserial dynamic programming
- Composite concave programming
- Stochastic dynamic programming
- Classification schemes for dynamic programming problems
- Composite linear programming
- A c-programming perspective on dc programming
- On the relationship between dynamic programming and constraint programming and branch and bound
- Robust optimization
- Robust decision-making under severe uncertainty
Disclaimer: This page, its contents and style, are the responsibility of the author (Moshe Sniedovich) and do not represent the views, policies or opinions of The University of Melbourne.